Health Dept Home



MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE VERIFICATION: Weber-Morgan Health Department's Office of Vital Records now offers certified copies of marriage and divorce verifications for all counties in Utah from 1978 to present. However, if a marriage occurred in Weber or Morgan County, certificates must be purchased at the county clerk's office in which it was originally filed. These records are proof of a marriage or divorce only, and can be used by any agency that requires proof of the event. We added this service to benefit our clients who need other documentation other agencies may require before issuing a new ID card.


  • Your Utah Driver's Licence is valid for five years and will generally expire on your birthday. If you are under age 21, your license will expire on your 21st birthday.
  • You can renew your license up to six months before expiration.
  • There is no grace period in Utah. If your license expires, you have to take the written test and the road test again.

EFFECTIVE JAN. 1, 2010: Due to new legislation, the Renewal-By-Mail and Renewal-By-Internet options for Driver's License and I.D. Cards have changed. For more information see:

To renew or apply for a new Utah Driver's License, Driving Privilege Card or Utah Identification Card, you will need:

  1. Proof of identity: a birth certificate in English or accompanied by a translated copy. The certificate must be an original or copies certified by the issuing agency. It cannot be a black and white copy, or a hospital issued certificate with baby foot prints.
  2. Proof of legal/lawful presence:
    • Social Security Card
    • Two proofs of Utah residence address (not more than 60 days old) if it is different
      than the address on your current Utah record.
    • Evidence of name change, if applicable.

BOOK COPY CERTIFICATES: Book copy records are only for Weber County births from 1958 to 1998 and Ogden City from 1909 to 1998.  Book copies sometimes have a little more information on the record than the computer generated birth certificate.  They could have the parents occupations or the time of birth, it just depends on the year of birth it is as to what kind of information is on the record.  The computer birth certificate or the book copy serve the same purpose and can be used by any agency for identification.


Utah law allows families to care for their dead without the services of a licensed funeral director.
Please visit utah state health department and click on Vital Statistics for more information.


MORGAN SERVICE NOW BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: As of December 8, 2009, Weber-Morgan's Vital Records office will issue birth and death records at our Morgan County Clinic on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.. To make an appointment, please call (801) 399-7132. We can access records from any county in Utah but the years of the records must be limited to: birth certificates, from 1951 to present, and death certificates, from 2007 to present. 

Special services such as amendments and paternities can only be done at Weber-Morgan Health Department in Ogden.

Our Morgan office is located at, 236 E Young Street. We can only accept cash, checks or money orders.